Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Project Proposal: Facebook's Invasion of Privacy

Facebook is a platform that allows people to share different aspects of their lives with others around the world. However, over the years, it has gained access to more personal information such as location, phone numbers, and addresses. Some people may consider these details confidential. The purpose of this project is to research the amount of information Facebook has of each person's Facebook account, and analyze the features that may invade a user's privacy.

1 comment:

  1. The idea of user privacy reminds me another proposal that a colleague of mine is working on regarding NSA violating people's privacy. Facebook definitely has helped people connect with one another but one of the costs would be making certain personal information private. They probably have a clause within their user agreement regarding it but I feel that it has almost become common knowledge at this point that no one reads it. This project is definitely a worthwhile one that I am quite interested in myself. I have a lot of personal information and media of myself that I share on the platform such as Name, Phone Number, Credit Card Numbers, Address, Social Security Number and Current Location. I would be appalled if that information which I shared among my network were to be made public by Facebook.

    ReplyDelete