Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Creativity and New Media

For this assignment, I chose to create an avatar via SecondLife. To begin, I created an an avatar from pre-selected styles. From there, I edited each feature of the avatar to portray the clothing I would wear in real life. This new media platform allows me to personalize an avatar that represents my style. From the screenshots below, one is able to add to the avatar by visiting the online shop. Through this platform, one is able to create a portrayal of oneself, or perhaps create an avatar that one would wish to become. The highly personalization feature allows users to explore their creative minds. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. There are many characters playing in second life. Today, I set a character and went to the Happy Moon destination. It is beautiful there in second life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melody,
    I think it is amazing what new media technologies such as Second Life can do. Its amazing how one can basically create a second personality for themselves. It's also amazing how real the experience can be. You can give your character a name, an occupation, maybe even a family which is so cool.

    ReplyDelete