Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Social Networking Sites

Impression of Facebook:
This is a site where I can be up-to-date with current events and friends through statuses and pictures. There's not a lot of extraneous details that I would not want to see since Facebook filters out friends that I don't wish to follow. The live feed on the right column gives me a quick update of friends who are currently active and the news. This is convenient because I can easily private message friends. The news feed follows a timeline so that only my top stories are shown.

Impression of Twitter:
Twitter can be overwhelming for me because tweets by people I follow constantly update. It becomes difficult for someone like me, who tries to read everything, to keep up with Twitter. It also bothers me that tweets are limited to 140 characters. This can be challenging since it may be difficult to include a well-developed thought with 140 characters. But yet again, Twitter was structured to be like Facebook statuses without Facebook platform.

Impression of Instagram:
I really like the layout of Instagram. Photos follow a chronological order. There is also no limit to the number of characters with each post. The filters available for each photo and video are well designed. Hashtags are also handy in organizing photos. The "Explore" function allows me to view pictures posted by people I'm not following. I like how people can be creative with Instagram. For example, there are bloggers who have a "white theme" for their Instagram photos. I think Instagram is a great social networking sites that allows users to personalize their page and be creative.

Impression of Pinterest:
Pinterest is an amazing platform for people to keep track of certain articles or photos that interests them. My bulletin boards help me organize my thoughts. This site almost acts as my virtual scrapbook of ideas. I like how I can view posts by other people and clip it to my board. This becomes handy because I can simply search keywords and save pictures that are relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment