Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Our Class Wiki - So Far

While I have not contributed to the wiki page yet, I plan to update the Privacy page by including current events that affect Facebook users' privacy. I will be placing more emphasis on how Europeans are handling the invasion of user privacy and lawsuits that are currently in motion. My term paper was based on the invasion of privacy through Facebook. I believe research conducted for my paper will help me improve the content on the Wiki page. Next, I plan on expanding the Social Networking page. Recently, Instagram has considered updating their platform to personalize each users' homepage. This could have a drastic impact on advertisers who depend on users inability to control the content they see. I plan on doing more research regarding these two updates to social networking sites and privacy before I update the wikipage.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melody,
    I also did my term paper on invasion of privacy but I mainly focused my attention on the debate on whether employers should or should not monitor an employees' social media platforms. I haven't heard about the European case you speak of but it is an intriguing topic to read about international perspectives on user privacy.
    I look forward to your wiki contributions! :)
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete